Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday at the Farmer's Market


Today Beth and I went down to the Lane County Farmer's Market. We got off to a bit of a later start for us, so by the time we arrived it was 11 Am and we were more then ready for some breakfast. Beth went with Steak & Eggs from Field to Table and I stuck with a traditional pasty from Cousin Jacks. Then I found room for a chocolate chip cookie from Provisions. Needless to say, neither of us had a beer from Nenkasi !


Since I was last at the Market, full size heirloom tomatoes have arrived.


I also found this beautiful bunch of "Red Torpedo" onions. I wasn't the only one to admire them. When we came back by 15 minutes later they were almost sold out.


The Groundworks Organic farm stand had the first corn of the season. It was an early dwarf variety called "Precious". I held off. I am patiently waiting for the first, full sized sweet corn. A few more weeks!


Almost every farm stand had huge baskets of Fava Beans.


And with the heat has come the arrival of Zucchini. I particularly admired the green variety on the left. It had beautiful ridges running up and down its length.

No comments: