Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Summer Solstice & a Busy Day in the Garden


I had an epic day down in the big garden today. I started the day by planting 13 dahlias by myself. Once Dad returned home, we got out the lawn mowers and mowed the entire garden, inside and out. Then, in the evening, we took another small load of dahlia plants down. I watered everything already planted in the ground and all of the dahlias still in pots and then we began planting again. We planted until just past 9 o'clock and got another 16 dahlias in the ground, for a total of 80 planted. Once we got back to the house, I sat outside with the cats until 9:30. It was still light enough out that you could see everything clearly. I tried to capture the feeling and sights of the day in my mind, to play back on those short, dark days of December & January. Happy Summer Solstice!

No comments: