Monday, June 16, 2014

Garden Layout Complete & Babies in the Garden


This morning I was finally able to go down to the garden and finish laying out all of the stakes. It takes a while when you have 18 rows! Now I need to get the variety name tags on each stake.


Later in the afternoon Dad and I went to Lane Forest Products and bought two scoops of Nature's Best. We off loaded it down in the big garden. Next we need to shuttle some dahlia plants down and then I can begin planting! While I was admiring my large pile of compost, I suddenly heard the sound of baby birds chirping excitedly.


I realized that the sound was coming from inside the bird house that is set on top of one of the garden posts. The first two years after the bird house was placed it had annual residents. But ever since then, the yearly visitors have been very sporadic. No one has nested there now for at least two year. I was so pleased to hear the babies and waited patiently for the parent to come back. Finally, Mr. or Mrs. Chickadee came flying back through the brush. After singing me a warning song, it flew up into the hole and fed the babies. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I found my way to your blog from Beth! I am so glad to have found it and now I can see the "other" side of the garden! I also see some familiar purry friends in the other posts.

I love that last photo of the chickadee flying by the nest. Perfect timing.