Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Green Tomatoes Galore


I finally harvested my first two ripe tomatoes this past weekend but the bulk of the harvest is yet to come. My plants are now loaded with green tomatoes in various sizes and shapes. Let's take a tour..


"Black Krim"  fruit.


A nice group of "Azoychka". This Russian variety produced my first ripened tomato this year.


"Person Sprayless OG" hiding deep in the plant.


"Black Prince" seems to be forming very uniformly round fruit.


I love the shape of these "Black Plum". As you can see they are growing in large clusters.


A perfect, young "Santa Clara Canner".


And a long truss of "Super Sweet 100". So now I just need another three weeks of sunny days and fairly warm nights and then the tomato glut should arrive! For obvious reasons, the kitchen garden is off limits to the cats. But, as I was taking the pictures for this post. Tom-cat snuck in and crept behind me. He settled down between the winter squash and the morning glory and tried his hardest to blend in. Good try buddy!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures, especially the cat. My dog likes to pick a warm piece of dirt to lay on when I am out working in the garden.

Susan said...

Wow - love all of your tomatoes!! And , though he doesn't blend in very well, your kitty is awfully cute!

Dorothy-Life With Boys said...

Green tomatoes today...baskets of RIPE tomatoes in no time! =)

Mindy said...

Holy wow, that's a lot of tomatoes! And I was excited about my three ripe cherry tomatoes. LOL

Thanks for stopping by tonight and taking the time to comment on my post. You're right about the biscuits and gravy. AMAZING. I took photos and they WILL show up in a post. :o)

Debbie said...

Lexa, your tomatoes look lovely. Mine ripened earlier but they are struggling. It's been a strange gardening year.