Welcome to the 9th and final harvest report for my Spring Greens. Yesterday I harvested and then pulled out my 3rd and final raised bed. The lettuce and spinach were beginning to bolt and the leaves were showing some heavy bug damage. The three beds will now transition into winter squash beds but it is my hope that this Fall I will reseed them with salad greens for a long Fall harvest. For the final Spring harvest I was able to harvest two varieties:
- "Heirloom Cutting Mix" lettuce - 12.0 oz.
- "Charger" spinach - 7.2 oz.
- Total week #9 harvest - 17.2 oz.
I am really happy with my total Spring harvest. My February seeding was an experiment that paid off and allowed me easily an extra month of harvest. That extra harvest time was needed since I lost a fair amount of expected harvesting due to early bolting. The Arugula and Mustard were especially sensitive to the April heat and shut down almost immediately as we hit 80 degree weather. My Spring 2016 Greens total harvest:
- "Heirloom Cutting Mix" lettuce - 29.1 oz
- ""Charger" spinach - 18.2 oz.
- "Sweet Greens and Reds" lettuce -12.3 oz.
- "Catalina" spinach - 8.3 oz.
- "Wasabi" arugula - .2 oz.
- "Renee's Baby Leaf Blend" lettuce - 2.9 oz.
- "Mild Mustard Mix" mustard - 2.7 oz.
- Total Spring Harvest - 4 lbs. 9.7 oz.