Sunday, August 19, 2012

Harvest Sunday


Tonight I was able to do a little harvesting in the kitchen garden. When I was watering my plants I discovered some color amidst all of the green. Here's a ripe "Matina".


Two plants over I found an orange "Valencia" that was ready to pick.


Here's my big harvest - ha ha. I can't forget the one "Galina" yellow cherry.

On the more productive front, I went blackberry picking after dinner. Just like in past years, I found the biggest and the earliest berries down by the big garden. Tonight's picking was 2 lbs. 11.4 oz. Let the cobber season begin!



4 comments:

candice said...

I also pick blackberries, but my patch is about 2 miles from my parents house. yum.....:) and your tomatoes look great!

Adventures in Agriburbia said...

Thos blackberries look scrumptious! Lucky you to have a blackberry patch.

Jenny Rottinger said...

Beautiful blackberries!

Mary Hysong said...

lucky you for black berries! I'm trying to decide where to plant some this coming year. Lovely tomatoes!