Friday, August 17, 2012

Mixed Colors Morning Glory

For the past week, my morning glory tower in the kitchen garden has been at its glorious peak. Every morning it has been just covered in cheery pink blooms. In the last few days some deep purple blooms have started to open near the bottom of the tower. I am not sure if the purple blooms are coming from the "Feringa" plants I planted at the base of one of the tower legs or if it is germinated "Mixed Colors" seed from last year like the pink blooms are. It really doesn't matter; it's beautiful just the same.



I also am starting to get some color from my "Heavenly Blue" morning glory plants.  The plants aren't as vigorous as other varieties, but I think the blooms are among the most beautiful. It is such an amazing shade of vibrant blue.

No comments: