Monday, July 2, 2012

Sunflower Update


Tonight after work I removed the remay tunnel that had been protecting the two rows of sunflowers. I really didn't want to take it down yet because the "Ring of Fire" plants  in the first row are still quite small. I am afraid that the birds might munch on them like they did to the "Giant Primrose" at this height. But I was forced to act because the "Giant Primrose" plants have grown like weeds underneath the tunnel in the last two weeks. The four plants that didn't get nibbled on by the birds were reaching the top of the tunnel and starting to bend.


My tallest "Giant Primrose" is now at least a foot high and the other three aren't far behind. Even though they are much smaller, the "Ring of Fire" sunflowers have doubled in size since getting planted too.

No comments: