Sunday, July 8, 2012

The First 90 degree Day of the Year!


What a difference a week makes! Last Sunday we hit a high of 72 and we were glad to have it "that warm". Today topped out at 90 degrees - and it felt hot! I started the day by going down to the big garden and attempting to rake out the peaks and valleys. While it is still far from perfect, it is now a great deal better than it was even 24 hours ago. Then I went back to the house and made the garden map. Dad and I also made a trip out to Lane Forest Products and got two scoops of Nature's Best mix. Around 2 o'clock I went back down to the garden and started laying out the rows. I worked for about an hour until my shade disappeared and  I got way too warm. After dinner Dad and I went back down with the pickup and unloaded the Nature's Best. I stayed and worked until 8 o'clock. I now have seven of the rows set so I am optimistic that I can get the rest of the stakes in and the labels on in the next few days. And then I can actually start planting! I did stop to take a picture of Dorothy's rose tonight. It is nearing the end of its first flush and has two beautiful trusses in full bloom.

No comments: