Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finally Finished!


Tonight I FINALLY finished planting my dahlias. All 199 are now out of their pots and planted into the ground. It took me 25 days this year to get them all planted - there was a lot of other things going on in my life and I am afraid that the dahlias took second place some days. It also didn't help that I lost almost a full planting week to rainy weather and super saturated soil. Nonetheless, I am now done. It will be so nice, in the upcoming evenings, to be able to focus on other tasks like watering & weeding. I am looking forward to putting the planting shovel away!

2 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

WOW!! Impressive dahlia patch!! =0)

icebear said...

You must be so happy and relieved. I'm exhausted just thinking about planting 199 dahlias! I can't wait for the bloom pictures.

I love your evening grosbeak pics. My parents have a bunch of them at their house, beautiful birds. They remind me of giant goldfinches. Flashy.