Friday, May 20, 2016

The End is in Sight


It was a much milder evening tonight. Combined with almost no wind it made for a very pleasant night to be out potting up dahlia tubers. I managed to get another 40 planted this evening, for a grand total of 167 completed. I now have only three boxes in the shop with tubers that still need to be planted. My goal is to get them all potted up tomorrow - the end is in sight!


As I continue to work on potting up the tubers, the first two dahlias of the year have pushed above the soil line. They are both the same variety; "AC Golden Nickles". They are both new-to-me tubers, gifted from my friend Max. They were planted during my first potting session back on May 13th. I really enjoy growing some new dahlia varieties each year and I am excited to see how this yellow stellar form does in my garden. Could there be a future Head Table flower growing in that pot?

I ended the day on the back patio with the cats. We were treated to a long, colorful sunset. Such a nice way to kick off the weekend.

No comments: