Sunday, May 29, 2016

Laying Out the Big Garden - Day #1


I spent much of today down in the Big Garden. I went down in the morning and looked at this perfect blank canvas one more time! The soil had dried nicely from our second tilling on Thursday and the garden was ready to go. I got out the trusty landscape rake and began raking smooth and level - as much as I could - the soil. This is hard, back breaking work but I managed to get the 5 cut flower rows set up and the first dahlia row placed before I called it quits. Then in the evening I went back and set up 3 more dahlia rows. It doesn't look like a lot for one day, but it is for me and my back! I am really pleased to have so much set up in just one day, when during the week it would have taken me at least 2 nights to accomplish this much.

                           

No comments: