Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Fever


Today I decided to stop by Down to Earth. It had been quite a while since my last visit and I was in the mood to surround myself with plants and seeds. As always, they had lovely signage throughout the nursery and store. I liked the simplicity and truth on this sign....Plant, Grow, Eat. That's what gardening is all about.


I began by visiting the greenhouse. It was full of early Spring vegetable starts. Nothing says Spring in Oregon like tender young pea plants. Now is the perfect time to plant them.


How pretty are these packs of "Red Romaine" Lettuce.


Another early season crop is Swiss Chard. The multi-colored stalks on "Bright Lights" are garden art in their own right.


After I explored the nursery I went inside the store. The Seeds are Here! Isn't the bean seed boarder on this sign stunning! So cool. I desperately need to get my act together and make a garden plan so that I can put together my seed buying list. I spent quite a bit of time roaming the seed display racks.


Seeds of Change is one of my favorite companies from which to buy.


I also love Renee's Garden. Here is small selection of the vegetable seed that she sells. The beautiful artwork on each packet makes you want to buy it! They are as pretty as the old packets from the early 1900's.

As I was leaving, I found this lovely magnolia blooming out in the nursery. Just beautiful.

No comments: