Sunday, October 21, 2012

The First Mowing


Each October, after the first Fall rains arrive, I begin mowing some of the fields around our house. I usually begin this long process in early October and it consumes much of my weekend time for the next six weeks or so. Due to my Maine vacation, and our lingering Summer drought, I wasn't able to begin my mowing until this weekend. I started on the bank, directly across from the front of the house. As it always is for me, my project took longer than expected and I accomplished less then I had hoped! I think due to the heavy June rains, the grass is taller and thicker than I ever remember it being at this time of the year. I had to mow over many areas multiple times. Even with all of the challenges, it still feels good to have one small section done.

No comments: