Sunday, January 17, 2016

Rain, Rain, and More Rain!


Sometime during the night it began to rain once again. And when it started, it started with enthusiasm! I woke up to the sound of heavy rain, and it continued all morning. It finally began to let up around 3:00 PM and by 4:00 PM it had quit. I had emptied the rain gauge yesterday, so I got a good measurement of this latest storm - 1 3/10 "! With camera in hand I eagerly headed down to see what the two creeks looked like. I could hear Dorthy's creek long before I got there. It is currently a brown, raging, rushing torrent. It is double its normal width; I can't imagine any animals will be crossing it here in the next week. I then walked down to the main creek. It too was impressive, very full and  roaring along at a fast clip. I do love the site and sound of our creeks when they are swollen with water and rushing near full speed. It's a good reminder of the power nature can unleash.

No comments: