Monday, May 20, 2013

A Rainbow Of Radish


When I removed the remay cover from my raised bed of radish yesterday, I discovered that they were ready to harvest. I planted them on April 21st, so they have been in the ground a month.


The first group I pulled, "Red Planet".


Three nice "Plum Purple". I have noticed that this variety has very fine side roots on the radish which most other varieties do not. Maybe it has a little diakon radish in its genetic makeup. It also has much bigger leaves than the other varieties.


Some hot pink "Pink Punch". All in all, my initial rainbow of radish harvest was 4.4 oz. 

5 comments:

Beth said...

Very pretty. Did you taste them, do you have a favorite?

Mindy said...

Hey, I have a question for ya. We planted some radish seeds and they came up great, but now most of them are going to seed with no radish. Do you know what causes that?

Unknown said...

very nice! I love the look of radishes but not the taste. I wish I did, but I don't. Sometimes I grow them just to share.

Barbie~ said...

Linke Angi I don't eat many, but grow them every year.

Mindy- sometimes heat or too much nitrogen.

Lisa said...

Those sure are pretty!