Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Harvest - Finally!


A funny weather day today. It started out sunny, but a thin layer of clouds rolled in. It became sticky & humid . Every time I was outside it was uncomfortable. But that didn't stop me because I had a huge "to-do" list that I was working on. And on that list was checking the tomatoes. Finally I found some ripe fruit! Unfortunately I also found split, browned tomatoes on every plant too. They didn't appreciate last week's wet weather and cool temperatures. The good news was most of the fruit survived and I was able to keep more than I threw away. Here are the results:
  • Black Krim (2) 8.7 oz.
  • Orange Blossom (3) 9.5 oz.
  • Persimmon (18) 2 lb .4 oz.
  • Seattle's Best (6) 8.8 oz.
  • Taxi (7) 2 lb 7.8 oz.
  • Total Harvest  6 lb 3.2 oz w/36 tomatoes

No comments: