Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dahlia Show #3


Today was the Douglas County Dahlia Society's Annual Dahlia Show held in Roseburg. I got up early and headed down south. The weather was horrible. It poured buckets of rain for most of the drive and I arrived a bit white-knuckled and very glad to be there in one piece! I unloaded my blooms in the rain and settled in for the judges meeting. Hours later, after all the judging was complete, I found that I had one entry on the Head Table!


It was my 3-bloom entry of "Cornel". It won best 3-bloom Ball in Show. What's funny about this is my entry was the only 3-bloom Ball entry in the whole show. So that's why I won! Well, I guess I should get a little credit for being able to stage a 3-bloom ball entry this late in the season and with all of the rainy weather that we have had this past week. Still, it's not exactly the way you want to make the Head Table.


I did like my 3-bloom entry of "Martina". The blooms weren't perfectly matched but I do love this variety. And it was the first time this season that I had any "Martina" blooms ready at the end of the week. It was a fun day in Roseburg and a nice way to end the Dahlia Show season.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Congratulations, your flowers are beautiful.