Saturday, August 1, 2009

August at the Farmer's Market

This morning we got up and went to the Lane County Farmer's Market. I hadn't been for 2 weeks and there was lots of change. The early berries of a few weeks ago are making way for the hot weather crops. Right as we arrived I saw the "corn man". I over heard him say it was his first day at the market this year. I picked up 7 ears of bi colored corn for our barbecue tonight.

Tomatoes have arrived! This was a beautiful display of heirloom varieties. I am always impressed with ripe heirlooms in Oregon by August 1st. Mine aren't even close right now.

The amazing display was the Hayhurst stand. Eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, corn and even Cantaloupe.

And in the flower department, nothing says Summer like a big bouquet of Sunflowers!

No comments: