Saturday, August 13, 2016

Titus Bush Bean Update


I thought it was time to post an update on my row of "Titus" cannellini bush dry beans. I planted my 20 young starts in the Big Garden back on June 11th. They didn't miss a beat. And with my 2 1/2 foot rabbit fence surrounding the garden, I haven't suffered any rabbit damage this year.


The beans began blooming in mid-July and have been producing bean pods ever since. Some of the pods are getting quite big now and the plants continue to bloom and set more pods. I am encouraged by their growth and production up to this point. Now we just need a warm, most dry September to see the pods to maturity and harvest. I am excited to discover what size of harvest I manage off of only 20 plants and to taste this variety for the first time.

No comments: