Saturday, May 17, 2014

Potting Up the Dahlias


Today was suppose to be an "iffy" weather day as we transition from our warm weather to a few rainy days. But instead of the expected clouds we enjoyed a lovely, sunny, 72 degree day. The first clouds and sprinkles didn't arrive until after 5:00 PM so it was another great day to work outside. After I returned home from setting up the Key Bank Dahlia sale and a trip to the Farmer's Market, I finally began the process of potting up my dahlia tubers. I worked from 1-2:30 and then again from 3:30 to 5ish. I managed to pot up 91 dahlias today. I started with all of my new purchases and then moved on to the tubers that I had saved from last year. I think two or three more sessions should finish the task. I haven't had the nerve to add up all of my tubers but I am guessing they total in the range of 230-250. 

No comments: