Thursday, April 25, 2013

Radish Germination


We had another sunny day today. It hit a high of 78 degrees - out warmest day yet so far this year. Tonight, when I lifted the remay fabric off of the support hoops, I discovered that the radish seed that I planted on Sunday is germinating. I am happy but not too surprised. Radish seed is very quick to germinate and the weather has been perfect.


Still, it is exciting to see all of the tiny seedlings, as they push up the soil and make their appearance. After I watered all five of the rows deeply, I put back the remay fabric. The young plants are very susceptible right now to becoming lunch for any number of birds. I will wait a few weeks before removing the remay tunnel for good. I hope that you were able to get outside and enjoy today's beautiful weather.

No comments: