Saturday, June 10, 2017

Riding Hood Series Penstemon


Last year I purchased three penstemon in the Riding Hood Series. I lost one of them over the Winter, but the other two survived and have been happily growing all Spring. They burst into bloom this last week for the first time. I immediately realized that the plant I had labeled as "Blue Riding Hood" was not blue! I did a search on-line and decided that this is actually "Hot Pink Riding Hood".


While I was taking pictures, a fat bumble bee was busy working each individual bloom. I love growing plants that the pollinators enjoy too.


My other plants is "Red Riding Hood". It is a really nice, crayon-red color. Like the "Hot Pink Riding Hood", this plant has sent up 5 flowering stalks this year. I am really happy with both plants. Now I just need to see if I can find a "Blue Riding Hood" to fill out my collection.

No comments: