Saturday, July 2, 2016

Tomato Wrangling & the First Set Fruit


I discovered in the past few days that the first two tomato plants have set fruit. I have two, small tomatoes on the "Wapsipinicon Peach", pictured above.


I also found a number of young clusters forming on the "Galina" yellow cherry plant, pictured above. All of the other tomato plants are covered in yellow blooms, so it shouldn't be too much longer before they also begin to set fruit.


Tonight I got out the top tier section of my tomato cages and added them on to the lower tier. The plants have really put on some amazing growth this week and they went from "needing the top section soon" to "needing the top section ASAP" in just a few days. But for once I didn't wait so long that the task was really difficult and I didn't break a single tomato branch in the process. Pictured above, left to right, "Tang", "Carmello", and "Black Krim". Pictured below, left to right, "Moonglow", "Wapsipicon Peach", "Galina", and "Chef's Choice Orange".

No comments: