Saturday, December 8, 2012

More New Discoveries


Walking out and about today, I made two new discoveries! My first discovery was in the raised garlic bed located in the western flowerbed. The twenty "Tzan" garlic cloves that I planted have started to come up. They are slower to germinate than the other two garlic varieties that I planted. I think that this is due in part to the location of this garlic bed. It only receives a few hours of direct sunlight right now so I think it's average temperature is much cooler than that of the other garlic bed. Hopefully this won't have a negative long-term effect on the "Tzan" garlic bulb growth.

Further along in this same flower bed I discovered that my "Sabrosa" jonquilla daffodil had also appeared. And even more exciting it looks like it has naturalized. Last year I had only one bulb to plant but it appears like there is more than one bulb coming up this year. Fingers crossed!

No comments: