Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's Trillium Time


The wild trillium are at their peak right now. Everywhere you look, there are delicate white flowers glowing in the amazing "green-ness" that is April in Oregon. This patch is in the back right corner, inside my big garden. The trillium are thriving in the shade of a huge Douglas Fir tree at the start of a forest.


Most of these trillium are younger and are still growing as single plants. However, I do have two really nice older clumps in the garden.


I am lucky to have this beautiful display every year, with no work at all on my part. I am just careful not to mow where there are any plants until they have completely died back, sometime around July.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Wow - that is a seriously impressive clump! I tried to get a couple from my aunt's property in Hood River a few years ago, but just didn't get enough root. They're so special and yours are just gorgeous.