Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Farmer's Market - Last Day Outside for 2010


Today was the last outdoor Farmer's Market for 2010. Next weekend, the Market moves indoors to the Lane Events Center at the Fairgrounds. The weather was overcast and cold today. The crowds were pretty light and everyone was wearing sweaters and jackets.


Storage crops were well represented at the different stalls.


I love the ribbed texture and grey color of the "Jarrahdale" winter squash. I would really like to try to grow this variety next year.



I wasn't sure what was in the basket, pictured above. It was fresh Ginger.


Brussel Sprouts were a popular item. I think people must be practicing their Thanksgiving recipes.


Since we still haven't had a killing frost, there were buckets and buckets of cut flower for sale. I particularly loved the ornamental cabbage that a clever florist was using in bouquets. So pretty and so very clever!

No comments: