Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Saturday Walk in December


Today I took some time to enjoy the cold but sunny weather and went for a short hike around the property. Even though we are but a few short weeks from the official start of Winter, there is still much beauty to be found if you keep your eyes wide open. As I passed a meadow covered in fallen oak leaves, a glimmer caught my eye. Upon closer examination I discovered this sweet little spider web, covered on dew.


Most of the leaves have fallen now but are still visually alluring as they loose their fall color and turn brown.


The wild filberts are already producing their male catkins. As Springtime approaches these will grown in length and release pollen. 

And some of your young Douglas fir trees are starting to produce cones. The bright green trusses and the brown cones just look like December to me.
.

No comments: