Sunday, January 2, 2011

Already promises of things to come


This morning was another cold one. The world was covered in a heavy white frost and the temperature was somewhere in the mid-twenties. By late morning the frost had burned off, but I don't think we ever hit 40 degrees. The weather made for another invigorating, nice afternoon walk. Even though we are only officially 12 days into Winter, it is amazing all of the signs of Spring that I saw. I always forget, year to year, just how early our "Early Sensation" daffodils begin to pop up out of the ground. Last year they were blooming by February 7th, so it shouldn't be surprising to see them up and growing already. Even though this gardener is still enjoying her Winter time of rest and recovery, Mother Nature has already started the new growing year. I better open up all of those seed catalogs that have been arriving and start making some plans!

1 comment:

~TastyTravels~ said...

I love finding surprise bulbs!! Congrats!