Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Planting Day #1


After getting 02/10" of rainfall overnight and into this morning, I wasn't sure if I would be able to work in the garden tonight. But the ground is already so dry, that it easily absorbed all of the moisture. So tonight after work, Dad and I brought down the first 42 dahlias to be planted!


Then I put up variety labels on the first 4 rows of stakes.


And then, drum roll.....I was able to plant the first dahlias of the year! I put in 4 "Harvey Koop" a FD "A" sized dahlia. Last year I was able to start planting on June 15th, so I am only 2 days later this year.


Once I got the satisfaction of having at least 4 dahlias planted, I turned my attention to my cut flower rows. I brought down the tray of marigolds that I started in May. I set in 5 starts of "Francis' Choice" pictured above and then planted 14 starts of "Red Metamorph" pictured below.

No comments: